Students thrive on coffee especially when they are living in the dorms. It helps them be awake and active for long durations during their exams. It is definitely not feasible to buy coffee every time you need it in college, the viable solution would be to get a small affordable coffee maker to your college dorm which can be used by many and you will even save you money doing it. If you are looking for the best drip coffee makers for your college dorm, you might want to have a look at the Keurig Mini K15. It is by far the most compact, attractive as well as economic coffee maker you will find in the market.
Keurig Mini K15 Review
Below is a detailed review of the machine as well as its pros and cons, you can have a look at all of them and decide whether it’s apt for you.
There are different types of coffee machines available in the market. Many of them vary from one another majorly in terms of design and you will love the modern design that the Keurig Mini K15 comes with. There are various types of colors and one can choose according to their taste. Keurig is majorly known for its well designed machines and this is certainly one of those. Even if you consider the best drip coffee makers in the market, this is among the most well designed ones.
The led lights in the machine indicate which step of setup and brewing process is on which lets you use the machine conveniently. Also, even if you don’t know the technicality you can easily operate the machine as it is very easy to do so. The overall UI is also pretty sleek and will let you carry out functions easily. The machine automatically gets switched off after 90 seconds if it’s not used for long time. This is a major security feature and can prevent misuse of the machine as well as electricity.
Advanced Modern Features
Most of the users love modern features and this machine is rich with such features. It is quick and can brew a cup of coffee just within two minutes. The drip tray is easily removable and eases the process of making coffee. There is a cord storage facility given in the machine which makes storing the machine quite convenient.
Pros of the Keurig K15 Mini Coffee Maker
- Small in size can be easily stored in small areas like small kitchens, home offices and can also be taken along road trips.
- You can choose 6, 8 or 10 ounces of coffee or tea.
- Different flavors of coffee can be served.
- Coffee is prepared within 2 minutes.
- K Cups are easy to clean and has reusable coffee filters.
- Turns off automatically after 90 seconds of inactivity.
Cons of the Keurig K15 Mini Coffee Maker
- It produces limited amount of coffee per cup i.e 6, 8 or 10 ounces.
- Coffee machine has to be cleaned regularly from exterior as well as from interior.
- It doesn’t have an auto start button.
- It has to be setup according to exact sequence which may cause confuse certain users till they get use of it.
- It doesn’t have accumulation with hot water.
The Last Words
Overall, this is one of the best drip coffee makers available which is perfectly suitable for college students for keeping in their dorms. It comes with all the needed features and is quite convenient to use. Moreover, cleaning it is not a hassle which is an added advantage for the students as they don’t have enough resources to clean the machine frequently.